Answered By: Rory Elliott Last Updated: Feb 22, 2017 Views: 68
The Government Information unit is located on Floor 4 of the Alkek Library and includes:
- Federal government documents distributed by the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) in the form of print books and documents, maps, microfiche, CDs, and DVDs published by federal agencies
- Texas government documents published by Texas state agencies and distributed by the Texas State Publications Depository Program through 2011 (when the program was discontinued by the state legislature)
- Commercially published materials relating to government documents, such as indexes to government publications, the League of Nations and United Nations Treaty Series, and selected atlases.
Other services and resources include:
- Map printing (primarily USGS topographic maps)
- Large-format laminating (see Copy Cats for items less than 25" on one or more sides.
- ArcGIS software
- Reference and circulation services
For more information, contact the Government Information staff by phone (512-245-3686), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person on Floor 4 of the Alkek Library. There is also a Government Information LibGuide http://libguides.txstate.edu/gov/ that can be helpful when staff members are unavailable.