Answered By: Rory Elliott
Last Updated: Feb 22, 2017     Views: 80

The Government Information unit is located on Floor 4 of the Alkek Library and includes:

  • Federal government documents distributed by the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) in the form of print books and documents, maps, microfiche, CDs, and DVDs published by federal agencies
  • Texas government documents published by Texas state agencies and distributed by the Texas State Publications Depository Program through 2011 (when the program was discontinued by the state legislature)
  • Commercially published materials relating to government documents, such as indexes to government publications, the League of Nations and United Nations Treaty Series, and selected atlases.

Other services and resources include:

  • Map printing (primarily USGS topographic maps)
  • Large-format laminating (see Copy Cats for items less than 25" on one or more sides.
  • ArcGIS software
  • Reference and circulation services

For more information, contact the Government Information staff by phone (512-245-3686), email (, or in person on Floor 4 of the Alkek Library. There is also a Government Information LibGuide that can be helpful when staff members are unavailable.